The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Review: Sally Hansen Complete 7-1 Care Nail Treatment


Sally Hansen 7-1 Complete Care Nail Treatment
                                          $12.99

About a year ago, I had an epiphany; colored nail polish is not my friend. The only time it looked great was when I left the salon. And often by the time I got home, despite a few drying cycles, I would already notice a nick or a dent. Careful to wear gloves, even though my stints at the kitchen sink are short, chips would often appear the next day and that drove me batty. 

Now I only wear nude/ blush tones, that I can touch up or not. The only thing I will do is refresh with a top coat of Nailtiques #2, once or twice between manicures. Plus? My nails are like granite. Minus? The stuff is laced with formaldehyde or some other heavy duty preservative chemical.  Believe me, once you have dissected a cat for Anatomy, you never forget that particular smell. Word.


When my friends at Tractenberg PR asked if I wanted to try there newest launch, Sally Hansen Complete 7-1 Nail Treatment, I happily agreed.


I had my manicurist Coco use it for my base and top coat and like the glossy, natural looking finish.  I spent no more than my usual time drying, but escaped nick free.

Manicure Day One with Sally Hansen Complete Care 7-1 Nail Treatment

Still glossy and chip free, 4 days later
even without a touch up coat


I looked at my still perfect nails this evening and was pleased with how just post manicure they still appeared.  In addition I can tell my nails feel every bit as hard as they do with Nailtiques.

So what's in Sally Hansen's Complete Care 7-in-1 Nail Treatment? Good stuff!  The patented 7-in-1 formula contains avocado oil, sea salt, pomegranate extract and calcium. The promise? That the breakthrough formula will restore dry, brittle nails making them visibly healthier, more beautiful and stronger, in 3 days!

I am so hoping, that this lovely large bottle will stay thin and usable to the the last drop, unlike Nailtiques, whose consistency turns to molasses mid bottle.  

In the meanwhile, I'm very impressed and I think you will like it too. Do chips drive you batty? Than do take a page from my book and try going with lighter new and classic shades from Essie. I often use 'Pop Art Pink".

I wish I made the switch years ago. It may not be as exciting, but you wont' find yourself sitting on your hands any more either...

xox,
DD 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...