The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, April 25, 2016

Review: Maybelline Skinny Precise Gel Waterproof Eyeliner

Maybelline Skinny Precise Gel Waterproof Eyeliner
$7.99 ish


Not surprisingly, I have about a million VIB Rouge Beauty Points with Sephora.  It's a nice program and if you shop at Sephora, it certainly makes sense to sign of for their generous rewards program.

Often, I just take a pass on whatever is being offered when I checkout; who knows why?  The last time I made a purchase, something finally did appeal. Marc Jacobs Ulta Skinny Blacquer Gel Eye Crayon had the teeniest, tiniest tip I'd ever seen. Yes please do give me one of those.

What I loved about using it was the level of control I had. It is nearly impossible for me to line my inner upper and lower lid with a liquid liner, without somehow getting it in my eye. Not. Pretty.

With the use of this tiny pointed pencil, I was able to achieve the "doe eyed" look I covet, handily. The trick is to line both the lid,  especially the inner most corner and the upper waterline and then connect it after flaring out beyond the eye, with a full sweep underneath to the inner most corner.  Hard to describe, but this should give you the idea:



The problem unfortunately with the Marc Jacobs Eye Crayon, is that it both ran and faded, leaving me with a gloppy mess in the corner of my eye and no liner on my lid.

Oh well.  I had never saw a pencil that skinny and didn't think I would again but dreams do come true! There it  was front and center with the newest offerings at CVS in the Maybelline section.


Maybelline's Skinny Precise Gel Waterproof Eyeliner. Thank you mass market God's.  Available in Black, Brown and Charcoal, I was happy to choose the dark brown, since black is way too harsh on me. Loved the price too, one third of the Marc Jacobs one.

Though it claims a gel formula, it does feel a wee drier than most. On the plus side, they also claim it's budge proof for 24 hours and that, I don't doubt it.

That's my liner above, after 10 hours of wear and a work out.  (For a bit of further definition and softening, I relined the top lid and outer corner with Lancome's Le Stylo Waterproof Liner in Bronze Riche, a gorgeous metallic brown.)

I did read a few reviews, where frustrated, over zealous users lost a significant amount of product after twisting out too much product and having it break off.

I'm forewarned and now you are too, but do try this little beauty. I'm guessing it's going to be my new Holy Grail liner.

Hallelujah...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...