The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Lush Brows for Less

Maybelline Brow Drama
$7.99

I was in CVS today to exchange some AA batteries for AAA's that I bought in error...naturally, my visit did not end there.

I was completely out of Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz (how does that happen, seemingly overnight, with all self sharpening products???) I still have plenty of A.B.H. Dip Brow Pomade left, but I thought it would be nice to have a product with a built in brush, so I could travel with it in my makeup bag.

Anastasia Beverly Hills is not inexpensive, but she is is the brow guru.  I came very late to daily brow grooming, so I reasoned  go for the best, since I had a lot of catching up to do.

I happened first upon Maybelline's Brow Drama, "Sculpting Brow Mascara". I like that it is described as a tinted gel "mousse" already envisioning pumped up brows and the Soft Brown, one of three shades, (Dark Blonde and Dark Brown additionally) looked like a good match.

Sold...

The brush is described as a "Bali" brush,  a made up  unfamiliar term, but apparently describes a brush that has a small, ball like sphere at the tip.  As with any of my beauty hauls, I must try them the minute I get home, (if I haven't already applied while driving there), to see if it's a keeper.

The directions for Brow Drama are simple enough; apply in short upward strokes. I kind of love it! My brows are fuller than with either of my Anastasia products, the color is a better match and it fattened my brow tail considerably.

Go figure...

I'm not sure that three shades is enough to service all of womankind, but if you come close to their offerings, I think it's worth a whirl.  Word up! If you are looking for drama, I would advise going a shade darker.

So, now you too can have lush brows for less and you are very welcome...

xox,
DD  P.S.  Tune in this week to see which eye shadow is a great dupe for Chantecaille Carnelian!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...