The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer

Tarte Smoothing Primer
$39


Is it too much to wish that someone in the cosmetics industry could develop face Spackle???   My dream product would gracefully fill in fine lines and then be smoothly covered with foundation or a good BB cream. How does that sound to you?

My internet search was fruitless, though I did discover that Dr. Andrew Ordon of TV's The Doctors fame did create a product that temporarily fills out fine lines. It is not so much a filler as an inflammation; reviewers reported swelling from allergic reactions.  With my luck, I'd go into anaphylactic shock, and my throat would close...Literally, I would, "die in vain".

So, my search continued to Sephora, where I was attracted to the Tarte display, that included a split photo of an average looking woman.  One side showed her "before" Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer and the other, the "after".

Impressive...OK, so it doesn't fill, but I will settle for the 91% reported "blur" 

I have been known to fall hard for products in store, only to be disappointed in the light of day and a freshly scrubbed face.   While I did like how my under eye area appeared with a fresh coat of Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer, I purchased it knowing I wouldn't know until the next morning if it would live up to the hype.

Drumroll please...I think this may be the best primer I have ever used. The texture is a bit dry and doesn't spread all that well.  Don't let it throw you... You don't need much and the flawless look you will achieve when you apply makeup over it is astonishing.

Formulated with Antioxidants, vitamins C and E and my new best friend,green bean extract, Tarte has a winner on their hands.  Nicely they left out parabens, mineral oil, gluten and Sodium Laurel Sulfate.

Wishes don't always come true, but sometimes they come very, very close...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...