The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Nuance Age Affirm Glycolic Cream Cleanser

Salma Hayek Glycolic Cream Cleanser
$15.99 CVS Greenwich Ct.
(less expensive anywhere else)

I recently remembered how much I used to adore the benefits of Dr. Jeffrey Dover's Glycolic Cleanser, when a colleague I recommended it to informed it has vanished from the shelves.

It was perfect. And it was cheap. (Aging inventory still exists on Amazon. Tick tock...)

With that bee back in my bonnet, I purchased Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 3% Wash at Sephora.  I was relieved to wake up with normal vision the next morning after this "foaming" cleanser, that in reality was a drippy liquid mess, seeped into my right eye.

'Nuff said.

Salma Hayek's Nuance  skincare line, was created exclusively for CVS. The Botanical skincare, is based on the natural recipes and remedies her grandmother used to cook up.
When I spotted this at CVS this week I was thrilled. Dr. Dover move over...
It has a rich, creamy texture which I like and is infused with a "Rose Petal Complex" which I like less...or maybe that's the violet leaf  I'm smelling.

I didn't realize at first that it also contains exfoliating "micro beads" so Clarisonic users beware. This is something that can be used on off days. Exfoliation in excess is not a good thing.

Do I love it???  Not quite.  My skin feels soft and looks bright after cleansing. What it is missing is the luminous glow that Dr. Dover's Glycolic Cleanser always left me with.  Too bad it's been relegated to the beauty grave yard.

Will I continue using it??? Certainly. At least until this tube runs out.

I'm all ears about your recommendations...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...