The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Summer 2014 Kick Off: The Hottest New Self Tanners



As a contributing blogger to TotalBeauty, I'm also a frequent reader.  If you are interested in all things beauty, nobody has better roundups, how-to's and reviews, 365 days a year. I'm hooked.

I'm also someone who self tans on everyone of those days.  When I got an email about the best new Self Tanners, I stopped in my tracks and prepared to take notes.

I am devoted to Kate Sommerville 360 Body Tanning Towelettes and have gone through at least a dozen boxes.  When it comes to doing the math on how much that has set me back, I would rather stick my fingers in my ears, close my eyes and say, "LALALALALALALALALA".

What I was really hoping to score was a few suggestions on "cheap and cheerful" alternatives. I was happy to see two included.
Suave's Visible Glow was my first choice.  A gradual self tanner, with a "non-existent" smell for $6.99 seemed like a no brainer.  Unfortunately it was a nowhere to be found at CVS.

I moved onto L'Oreal Sublime Tinted Mousse $10.99, which has the advantage of "drying in seconds flat", with a "light lemony scent".  I wish I had fonder mousse memories; somehow I always ended up looking mud streaked.

As an alternative, I spied Sublime Bronze Luminous Self-Tanning Lotion Instant Action Lotion, which touted "golden illumination" and a "new fresh scent".

Do you want the good news or the bad news first?

The good news is that the color is golden.  It dried it in instant and looked natural. The bad news is that it smells like a Pledge lemon grove...but it  does dissipate.
Some may object to the light reflecting particles.

It's too early to judge how long it will last, though the reviews were positive on that count. Will it replace by Kate Sommerville addiction?

Time will tell...and so will I.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...