The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!




I hope all my wonderful family, friends, colleagues and readers had a wonderful Mother's Day.  We had a picture perfect day on the East Coast, long overdue, but greatly appreciated.

I know many of you feel as I do, that being a Mother is one of our greatest accomplishments. Remarkably, (though I did not know it until I compared a birth certificates two years later), my son Brendan and I were both born at 2:41 p.m. on a Monday.  

The day he was born, the Clinton's were celebrating their first inauguration. I remember watching it and feeling so incredibly proud of myself. I knew I entered a very special club and that my life as I knew it before would be forever changed, but fantastically enriched. 

My own Mother, "Joan", who is loving, protective and brave.  She also always encouraged us to be independent, though she loved us dearly and her nudges were always harder on her than they were on us.  I had a good blueprint for Motherhood, I still treasure her.

 also celebrate my Mother-in-Law, also Joan, who with my recently deceased Father-in-Law, raised 3 fine children to adulthood. My husband Chris is my rock and fortunately for all, a damn good cook too.

Though I wish I could have had one more child, I never felt comfortable risking another pregnancy after breast cancer. I am blessed with a fabulous son, who fills my heart with joy and pride. 

And for that, and for all the love that surrounds me, I am ever grateful. Wishing you love.

xox and hugs,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...