The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Review: Olay Regenerist Luminous Brightening Cleanser

Olay Regenerist Luminous Brightening Cleanser
$9.99 or thereabout
I have noticed a new beauty buzz word of late--"brightening" has made its way into the skincare lexicon...

Olay Regenerist Luminous Brightening Cream Cleanser was flitting around in my "to try" consciousness.  I have now used up three tubes of my beloved Hada Labo Cleanser and was teetering on the edge of curiosity and laziness.  ( Hada Labo requires a trip to Ulta.)

Laziness won.
I have read other reviews about Olay Regenerist Luminous Brightening Cleanser, and was a bit surprised to see so many mentions of the pleasant smell. Let's just leave it at, "to each his own".

It contains microbeads for exfoliating, but nicely they are neither gritty nor overly aggressive. This is definitely an exfoliator that could be used daily without stripping your skin. It lathers nicely into a creamy foam and worked well with my Clarisonic Mia and truly, my skin does look "bright" after using it--not glowing which is my preference, but literally brighter.

The only thing I really dislike about it, is that my skin just doesn't feel totally clean after rinsing. It feels as though there is some kind of cream or film left behind. I am contemplating trying it on  my body in the shower...perhaps a little more water pressure will do the trick.

Will I purchase it again? Probably not.  My trip to Ulta awaits...

P.S.  Now that I have been using Olay Regenerist Luminous Brightening Cleanser for several weeks, my face truly does look "brighter"...enough so that I am contemplating their companion brightening moisturizer.  Go figure--a product that meets its claims...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...