The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, January 19, 2014

DivaDebbi's 2014 Sag Awards Report Card



I love the Arts and Fashion, so when it comes to the big 4; the Golden Globes, Screen Actor's Guilds Awards, Emmy's and the Academy Awards, I am a rapt viewer.

I live for the highs and the lows on the Red Carpet.  I continue to be gobsmacked by actresses, some incredibly seasoned and lauded for their fashion sense, who still manage some epic failures; nee Jennifer Lawrence at the GG's last week.

But hey, that's half the fun...

Here are my picks for the best and the worst dressed at the 2014 SAG Awards:

A+ The Untouchables-

Sag Award Winner Lupito Nylong'o
Ravishing again, in Gucci

Beautiful Amy Adams in Antonio Berardi
Flawless!

Anna Gunn, much slimmer than her Breaking Bad Days
killed it, in Monique L'Hullier with Irene Neuwirth earrings

A Listers-
Veep Winner Julia Louis Dreyfus looked fabulous
in an on trend navy and black Monique L'Hullier

(though the bust fit could have been improved)



Redemption for Jennifer Lawrence and Raf Simons of Dior
Soooo much better than last weeks oft parodied GG debacle





Gretchen Mol in J. Mendel
This looked fresh, modern and sexy to me.

C List- Missed the Mark-


Cate Blanchett in Givenchy
Yes, they are swooning, but why? I can't take my
eye off the heavily draped sequin bib.
A rare miss for Cate the Great

Sandra Bullock in Lanvin
Lovely color, but the fabric looks heavy and cheap
Merry Xmas!

Michelle Dockery in Prada for Hooters...
Now serving table 7
Julia Roberts in a Valentino Jumpsuit
Cheap and Cheesy, it looks like she bought

this OTR at Dress Barn

Epic F (ailure)
Juliette Lewis in Vivienne Westwood  Motel 6 curtains
(hopefully flame retardant)

Emma Thompson in William Vintage
and Dr. Scholl's.  Sake anyone?

Meryl Streep in a Stella McCartney tattered shroud
(I'm a wee tired of her, bored, "oh, must I be here again" ensembles.)
Would it be so terrible to dress up a bit and look like you care?





Julie Bowen in a Tromp L'oeil Carolina Herrera gown
Tromp me once, shame on you--- Tromp me twice...


Kerry Washington visibly pregnant, in a black bra revealing
Prada crop top and bedskirt
(and I'm predicting Girl...yes, you know the old adage...)

Beautiful Kerry Washington always gets high praise for her Red Carpet style and confidence. Pretty hair and make up are inextricably paired with a sequin crop top, a lot of flesh and a widely pleated satin skirt.



This is an unmitigated disaster, right up their with Bjork's swan costume. I don't know what possessed her...



Jennifer Lawrence must have at least breathed sigh of relief--in one short week, the worst dressed mantle was passed.



That's all...



xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...