The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Review: Conair Infiniti Pro Curl Secret





Conair Infiniti Curl Secret
$99.99


I have noticed advertisements for Conair Infiniti Pro Curl Secret, in several magazines recently.  It's an innovative, patent pending curl system that essentially sucks half inch sections of hair into an "automatic curl chamber" and then spits out the perfect curl.

As my dear friends Janice and Loren frequently remind me, "stick to blogging". They know first hand from the front lines, (after many failed attempts at teaching me Mah Jong), that there is a little chip missing from my brain that does not do spatial well.

Pro Curl Secret comes with several warnings about making sure, "the front of the chamber is facing the head".  I had visions of it getting lodged in my scalp and having to be hacked out with a machete.


It scared me to death, but naturally, did not stop me from accepting the opportunity to try one, when offered the chance to review it.

The first thing I did was bring Pro Curl Secret, still in the box, to a Pro, my stylist Lucas Magnum at Becker Salon in Greenwich. Like a 5 year old on Christmas morning, Lucas was ecstatic and couldn't wait to play with his new toy.

Lucas and Irmie, whose hair is normally flat ironed straight

I was thrilled that Irmie was willing to be the first victim model, while Lucas got the hang of it.  She was a good sport and even let me have a hand at it. (We uploaded a little video which I will try to figure out how to download for you...the spatial thing overlaps with the technical thing a bit...no luck, but one of our IT genius' Chris Rossiter figured it out in 3 seconds, though I'm not sure there will be sound!  Check it out below)

 
Irmie after 
She loved that Curl Secret produced soft, imperfect waves, which she preferred to her normally flat ironed style. In addition, it only took a matter of minutes.

Curl Secret comes with 3 different settings for, "loose, medium and tighter curls".
It's a bit unnerving to see the your hair getting sucked into the chamber, but it does only go in so far and the system emits a series of fast beeps when the curl is ready to be released.


My hair in the curling chamber

Lucas achieved a tousles of curls within a few minutes

Finishing touches

The finished look (after a touch of smoothing  with a blow dryer)

I couldn't possibly take this away from Lucas and Irmie, who was dying to try it on her next client, so I left it with them to play with for a few days.

I have never been able to operate a curling iron, so of the two tools, this might be a bit easier to manage. Lucas offered to get some of the curl out for me, but I decided to just go with it for the night and see what it looked like in the morning.

For girls with long hair, who are looking for an easy way to achieve tousled curls, Curl Secret on the the loosest setting, would surely give you the results you are seeking.  Irmie loved the way it quickly gave her hair a softer look of face framing curls to her shoulder length hair, as well.

Me, I prefer my hair a bit sleek and less done looking, but if I had an event that required a little more drama, I know just where to go to find it--at Becker's.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...