The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, April 29, 2013

Peter Thomas Roth: Lashes to Die For Platinum

Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die for Platinum
Small Trial size $25/$78 value


I'm in the midst of a breakup...For now SmartLash and me are calling it quits. After a good, long run, my lashes have plateaued.  I don't have any fall out, just not a lot of thickness and new growth.

I will admit that I have a a mean case of lash envy lately, most often among friends who have garnered all the benefits of Latisse, without any of the nasty side effects I endured while using it.

After using SmartLash's fine brush to administer it, I'm convinced that I simply overdosed on my Latisse applications. The thick, stiff bristled brushes that come with Latisse absorb and deposit a lot of product, not just along the lash line, but in your eye as well.  

Despite all reason, I stuck with it for 8 weeks and whilst my lashes looked like tassels, my eyes were perpetually red and itchy. Sadly we had to part ways...
I have tried several lash enhancement products before SmartLash that worked wonders on friends and family but only enhanced my debt.  I do believe it's a trial and error proposition and the review for Peter Thomas Roth's Lashes to Die for Platinum supports this; there were both rants and raves. There is no telling if it's going to work for you until you succeed or fail with any of them.

While I was in Sephora today, I came across Peter Thomas Roth's Lashes to Die For, which now comes in a stronger strength that has more prostaglandin complex, thus the "Platinum" (,the same ingredient in Latisse.)  I was seriously contemplating another run at Latisse, except this time, I would apply it with a very fine brush,  (I really don't see the need for using a new brush nightly anyway.) When I saw this special value trial version for $25, I figured I would give it a shot.

There stats are impressive:

What it is:
A nighttime eyelash treatment that helps lashes appear nearly twice as long, in just eight weeks.

What it is formulated to do:
Dramatically increase the appearance of lash length, thickness, and fullness in just four to eight weeks. This formula's key ingredient, Prostaglandin Analogue Complex, is concentrated at clinical strength to deliver dramatic results. Lashes are strengthened and nourished with Vitamins A, C, E, pro vitamin B5, and aloe vera.

What else you need to know:
This product is ophthalmologist tested, endorsed, and recommended.

Research Results:
In an eight week clinical trial on 40 female subjects (ages 18-60):
- 100% of users reported the appearance of longer lashes.
- 100% of users reported the appearance of thicker lashes.
- 100% of users reported the appearance of fuller lashes.


Because however, it does contain prostaglandin, be advised that some of the same side effects; darkening of the lid, change in iris color to brown in light eyes and itching and redness are still possible.

I just applied my once nightly, thin application of Lashes to Die For as close to the root as possible. I will take some photos to document my journey along the way...provided I don't have any negative reactions.

I learned my lesson last time; I covet beautiful lashes but I will neither die nor sustain allergic reactions that felt like ground glass in my corneas to achieve them.

Here's hoping...

xox,
DD

6 comments:

  1. Any update on your progress? BTW, I have always used my own eyeliner brush and I sometimes skip days. My results haven't varied because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im 6.5 weeks in and my lashes look SPECTAC!!! I have been taking pics. I have been so busy, but I will post. Wanted to go back to my Latisse pictures from my blog too, for comparison. Much more effective than SmartLash for me, but also more expensive. Worth every nickel though! Stay tunted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Above in your post when you say the below, are you referring to Latisse or SmartLash that caused irritation to your eyes?

    Despite all reason, I stuck with it for 8 weeks and whilst my lashes looked like tassels, my eyes were perpetually red and itchy. Sadly we had to part ways...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was the Latisse that caused intense irritation but fantastic lashes! I am now using Lash Grande MD. Im a month in with some nice growth and only minor redness in the morning. I recently posted a follow up with pic.

    Happy New Year and thanks for reading and commenting!

    xo,
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie, your blog is wonderful! Although I am not so much into beauty products, I recently discovered these eyelash enhancers (as they are not yet available in our country).
    My lashes are naturally thin and sparse... I was wondering if you would recommend SmartLash as this is the only product that fits my budget. Does it work? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your kind words Aileen! I am currently using Grande Lash MD, which I do think is affordable and lasts quite a long time. I am on my fourth month of the same tube. I would check Amazon, but if you go to their website they do have a money back guarantee. Of all the OTC eyelash products I have used, it is by far the most effective and I recently updated my SmartLash blog to reflect that.

    xo
    DD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...